Ever since the break of the pandemic in late 2019, the tourism industry faced a significant downfall in the business. The majority of the countries closed domestic and international traveling from January up until the end of May. Many European countries (Croatia being the first one) have opened up tourism once again, permitting travelers from limited nationalities. If you had to terminate your holiday plan in early 2020 due to Covid-19, this is the time that you can replan everything and set off for the journey. But before you do so, make sure that you are following the right safety procedures made mandatory by airlines and tourism destinations.
Here are some steps to follow and keep yourself safe during your journey.
- Maintain a six-feet distance from people while exploring the crowded places, such as streets, public attractions, airport, etc. Avoid contact with a stranger while you are traveling and keep a hand sanitizer in your quick reach to sanitize your hands after any contact or exchange with a stranger.
- You should also limit your contact to objects that are publicly placed. Avoid resting your hands on the counters while waiting for your tickets. Sanitize your hands after pressing elevator buttons, using handrails, and using hotel keys.
- Wear a facemask in all situations and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth while you are traveling outside. Wash your hands, arms, face, and neck properly after coming back to your room. Wash your hands for 20 seconds, at least whenever you see a washroom. When washrooms or soaps are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Apart from your self-precautions, you should also check for the regulations set by the country you are traveling to. There will be a specific list of rules for traveling, using vehicles and hotel rooms, and visiting attractions.
- Many countries have implemented a 14-day home quarantine rule for travelers who are arriving. Make sure that the country that you plan to visit does not have this rule to avoid any unnecessary home quarantine situation is a different country. Many European countries have allowed tourists to travel from the first day itself with a strict health check-up.
- Air Travel is now possible with the right safety measures. The air circulation in the airplanes is effective in preventing any viruses from spreading. The airlines have begun their services with the right social distancing measures. The travelers also need to go through a long security check, so the earlier you are, the better. The airport staff and security want to create a no-contact process from entry till exit, and that is why you need to carry digital tickets with you. You can only carry a 350mL bottle of sanitizer with you on the flight. Make sure to wash your hands and sanitize them before and after going through the screening process.